The Licensed Vocational Nurse will participate in writing and demonstrate a knowledge of writing in the nursing profession when providing documentation and communication with members of the multidisciplinary team in the healthcare setting. The purpose of this assignment is to strengthen core writing concepts and the application of APA format (7th edition).
Criteria for Content
Students will identify a nurse leader to interview and determine if this leader is autocratic, democratic, laissez-faire, multicratic, or transformational in their leadership style and approach. Explain three (3) techniques this leader is using their leadership style in their current practice setting.
1. In a four- to six-page written paper, address the following:
1. Define and explain the nurse leader’s leadership trait using 1 scholarly nursing literature reference.
2. Discuss the three techniques this leader is using their leadership style in their current practice setting.
3. Provide one scenario (real or fictitious) example of this leadership trait in a practice setting. What was the impact to the individuals involved? How was the work environment affected?
4. Provide a conclusion. Include a summary of the leadership trait you focused on, the techniques this leader uses, and how you can use this information in successful nursing practice as a new graduate nurse.
1. Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013 or greater
2. Length: The paper (EXCLUDING the title and reference page) is at a minimum of (4) four pages and a maximum of (6) pages.
3. A minimum of ONE scholarly nursing literature reference is required.
4. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal writing.
5. Title page, running header, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines in the 7th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.