This project is intended to allow for a maximum of independent thinking. The purpose of this project is to select (choose) an organization and conduct an analysis of the operation from the perspective of how an operations manager would approach the analysis. If a firm is growing or declining, you might examine the reasons why.
You can choose any organization, public or private, production or service industry, to study. The only restriction is that the chosen organization is relatively small and fairly “local”. No global giants are allowed, no automakers, no Amazon, Google, Apple, etc. They are just too big and complex.
1. Length: No more than 10 typed, double-spaced pages with references and citations.
Essay APA Formant three Scholarly References
1. Discuss what are some structural or interpersonal strategies for enhancing the virtual team. Discuss what trade-offs, in terms of money and time, are involved in each strategy. Given this information, discuss which strategies seem the most practical or immediately viable.
2. Consider the “iceberg model” of culture in Exhibit 13-1. Discuss how this model helps us understand the challenges of cross-cultural negotiation problems.
3. Discuss some key differences between individualistic and collectivistic cultural values. Discuss what are the implications for negotiation.
4. Consider Exhibit 13-2. Discuss how power distance is related to individualism and collectivism.
5. Give an example for each quadrant within the place-time model of social interaction (Exhibit 12-1). Discuss why face-to-face communication is still the dominant preference of most managers and executives?
Essay APA Format Two Scholarly References 390 word count
In Chapter 13 you read a section titled “Dignity, Face and Honor Cultures.” Specifically, the text (on p. 331) informs us that these issues refer to “how people define and regard their self-worth, or how they define themselves and their relationships in social and team environments (see Exhibit 13-4 and pages 331 – 333).” You all grew up hearing about/following the Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” In other words, treating others as one’s self would wish to be treated. But not all cultures have similar principles/grounding truths. So do you see any conflict here? In your answer, discuss if you truly should treat others the way YOU want to be treated or should you, as an EFFECTIVE LEADER, follow another framework (i.e. the Platinum Rule)?
Essay APA Format 4 Scholarly References
1. Discuss the principles of leadership and how and why they are considered timeless by some individuals.
2. Discuss why some think there is leadership that falls on the “Dark Side.” What are some examples?
3. Discuss why leadership makes the difference between an organization that operates smoothly verses one that is in ultimate chaos.
4. Consider Gregory’s and Berta’s network structures in Exhibit 11-2. Why would Berta be a better choice as a team manager? Why, in general, are entrepreneur networks more successful in organizations than clique networks?
5. On pages 358-360 there are basic principles that organizations need to follow. Please choose, in your opinion, the five most important principles and discuss why you chose these principles and what makes the chosen principles more important than the ones not chosen.
What was the original revenue model that Hastings relied upon when Netflix started? When did this change and why? Provide details.
Is Netflix a substitute product or a supplemental product in terms of cable TV? Explain.
What is Netflix as a company doing to maintain its business model. Every organization needs to change to maintain its competitive edge. What should Netflix do to maintain its profits despite high supplier power, new original content and increased competition?