Site Visit: Depending on the exhibition themes of the museums in Hong Kong (should be about China, Hong Kong, Chinese prominent figures etc., a student can write a short piece of reflective assignment (about 500 words, with photos taken) and Evaluate how the exhibition can(or cannot) enhance their understandings on that particular theme.There is no need to include footnote references or a bibliography.
Choose to write a 1500-word essay (excluding references and footnotes) in response to one of the 4 questions:
1. What is your understanding of nostalgia and its role in the art and cultural industries? Please use examples in mainland China in your discussion.
2. Is Shanzhai a form of creativity? Use examples in mainland China in your discussion.
3. Discuss one or two cultural products form mainland China that strike you. It could be a film, a song, or a piece of artwork. Link your discussion with urbanization and modernization in China.
4. How does the Internet change the cultural production in mainland China? You may use online literature or social media as examples.
Please remember that to critically engage with the lecture notes (related ppt will be attached once you chose the question below)
1. Basic format
Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12 point
Font color: black
Margin: 1-inch all round
Spacing: 1.5-line spacing
2. Footnote, Citation and Reference list
1) Use footnote, not endnote if necessary.
2) Use in-text citation.
3) Format your reference list with MLA style.
A paper summarizing 7 reading and 3 movies that have to do with the Latino American experience.
Flims: Touch of Evil (Orson Welles, 1958), The Mark of Zorro (Fred Niblo, 1920), Scarface
de Palma, B. (Director). (1983)
Readings will be given via files, and the last one is a link that I will provide.
to develop a plan to positively impact (or create change) the “isms” and the behaviors of prejudice, discrimination, and bias. What can you do to make this a more just, , more inclusive, more equitable, and much nicer world. Consider that making one person aware can multiply to make many people aware of how they can create change in themselves and their communities.
plan should identify intended outcomes (what you want to happen – change you would like to see as a result of your actions); the actions you will take; what you will need to take those actions; how you will prepare to take those actions; and your steps for continued learning and growth in the area of DEI work.
12 pt font, double spaced, APA referencing format.