1. Demonstrate a basic understanding of the meaning of corporate social responsibility and sustainability
and an Organization’s CSR/Sustainability approach and initiatives.
2. Discuss and analyze what and to whom an organization might be considered
3. Describe some of the activities organizations may engage in to manage social
4. Discuss the four types of organizational approaches to social responsibility.
5. Critique and/or evaluate an organization’s corporate social responsibility and sustainability
1. Research, Develop and Present your selected “Company”. In our case, it is Neste Oyj from Finland
2. Prepare a 6-page Report
3. Answer and Address the below 5 questions within the 6-page paper, also referring to the course materials.
1. How did your company define success in corporate social responsibility and sustainability for the next decade? How did your company translate this definition into action? Critique your company’s CSR and sustainability program. Evaluate its strengths and weaknesses. What changes or improvements would you recommend?
2. What view of corporate social responsibility or sustainability do you think your company holds?
3. Explain and assess the economic argument that a firm’s goal is to maximize profits. What counter-arguments do you have? Use the information provided in this case as well as course reading materials to support your answer.
4. Discuss the four types of organizational approaches to social responsibility and sustainability. What approach do you believe your company is taking?
5. What are the four key pillars of CSR and sustainability identified by your company? For one of these pillars, evaluate your company activities and outcomes. What, if any, changes would you recommend? Why? Please use evidence from Textbook readings to support your answer.