Before you complete the midterm, please read/review module Week 7 Materials
chapters 17 and 18 in History of the American Economy
chapters 18 and 19 in US History (https://openstax.org/books/us-history/pages/18-introduction)
Please write minimum 150 words for each question
1. What was the role of government in fostering economic growth in the late nineteenth century? What growth-related problems did businesses encounter? How did businesses cope with these problems?
2. What was the role of technology in economic growth in the late nineteenth century?
3. What was the cultural impact of advances in marketing?
4. How did industrialization affect the working class? How did workers attempt to improve their lot? To what extent did they succeed?
5. How did technology affect patterns of urban life in late nineteenth-century America? Under what conditions did the urban poor live? Why did technology fail to help these people?
6.How did economic change and urbanization affect family life?
7. How did education change in the late nineteenth century? Explain the controversy over education for blacks. Why did new educational opportunities open up for women? What was the main goal of primary education? Why?
8.How did industrialization change after 1900? How did this change affect consumers? How did it affect industrial laborers?
9. Describe the new urban culture that emerged after 1900. What does its existence tell us about how the lives of urban Americans were changing?
10. Describe the various violent clashes between labor and management that occurred during 1870 to 1900. What do these events reveal about how each group had come to view the other?